Friday, July 6, 2007

7-05 Thursday - California At Last


Matt and I finally made it to California! There's not much else to say today.








We pushed thru Reno on I-80, and soon after crossed into California. Just before the line, trees come back into the vegetation mix. The parts of California we drove thru are are still very desert like, but its got trees now. I really don't have many pictures from today; nothing has really stuck out as picture worthy.

So we arrived at Matt's new housing, which is located right in downtown San Jose. It's within in walking distance of quite a few ritzy joints, including the Spaghetti Factory, where we got to eat dinner. Likewise, his house is really nice. It has a top end kitchen, really nice walls, and floors and one of his roomates just bought a really nice TV. LCD 1080p. They don't have anything else, because there's no furniture. I'm compensating by reminding myself that I'm paying at least a third of what they are in the pleasant town of Ada.

I met his new roomates today, Pat and Seth. Seth was a mechanical engineer at Ohio Northern! How weird is that? He knows Mark and John Wahl, and said he recognized me too.

We're now staying the night at a Ramada Inn, of which Matt is some how a platinum member. We get treated like kings. (That means free water bottles and cookies. yay.) We're staying here since there's really nothing we can do at his new place besides sleep on the floor.

No comments: